Sunday, December 26, 2004

US Media Stinks

I'm up late/early this morning, as I often am on the weekends and I was watching the BBC News on BBC America. They did an uninterrupted half hour of reporting on the earthquake and tsunamis that have killed thousands and affected millions in south Asia. After the half hour was up (BBC America is primarily an entertainment channel), I wanted to see more coverage. I turn to CNN and I see a show about Jesus. MSNBC, a show about Tom Brokaw. Fox actually had a brief live report and then started a show about Jesus. I know it's the day after Christmas and a weekend, but this is a huge story and the US media is asleep at the wheel. No wonder Americans are so ill informed about world events.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist B' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP